28 April 2013
It is with great sadness we tell you of the passing of Peter Bochove, the beloved President of our Board of Directors. We offer our deepest condolences to his partner, Christopher Brown, and all of Peter’s family and many friends. Details to follow.
On behalf of the Hassle Free Clinic Community,
- Please check out this Vaccine Alert from Toronto Public Health for men who have sex with men. Hassle Free Clinic is not currently able to provide meningitis vaccine. We recommend discussing any concerns with your family doctor.
- Got a minute? Take this quick online survey and share your opinion on Web based STI interventions and testing!
- Hassle Free Clinic will be closed from Saturday, May 18 to Monday, May 20. Regular hours will resume Tuesday, May 21.
- Check out this information sheet for information on cefixime resistant gonorrhoea
- New Cervical Screening (Pap Test) Guidelines:
- No pap test until someone is 21 years of age
- If pap tests are normal, they should be repeated every 3 years, not annually
- Please see our Pap Test & Colposcopy InfoSheet for more information
- Please note that the demand for service at Hassle Free Clinic has increased dramatically. The Clinic is committed to providing the best care possible, but at times, we may reduce or limit services due to volume and wait times. If you are unable to wait, or return to the clinic at another time, please call the AIDS & Sexual Health Infoline at 416-392-2437 or TF 1-800-668-2437 and speak to a counselor for a list of other clinics and services in the GTA, or refer to the map posted below.
- Click for a map of sexual health clinics in the Toronto area.
- Ontario to provide HIV tests that give results in just 60 seconds, more test sites. More…
- Rapid HIV testing returns to Hassle Free Clinic. More…
- A Spanish edition of the clinic’s STI Guide: Information for Men is now available: Guia de ETS: Informatión para Hombres.
- Hassle Free needs physicians now! More…
- Help support the clinic by making a donation by using our partner, CanadaHelps.org.
- A partial chronology of the battles Hassle Free Clinic fought to do anonymous HIV testing has recently been uncovered! More…
- The men/trans clinic now closes at 8 p.m. on Monday and Wednesday evenings.
- This will make it easier for the staff, volunteers and clients as it will fix the cut-off time to 8 p.m. and allow us to serve the overspill in the hour we have left. The staff and volunteers will remain till the last client is served.
- We have adopted these new hours so that we can make sure everyone who comes to the clinic before closing will be seen.
- Syphilis appears to be on the rise in Toronto among men who have sex with men. More…